Online banking provides great conveniences to end users and its usage is increasing daily. Fraudsters are constantly developing new attacks for this service, so the security of this sensitive information it provides access to is constantly being put to the test. Brazil is often the testing ground for new fraudster attacks. Join this session as Rafael Abreu, International Sales Manager, at Diebold and LeÃ³n Vitor Rodrigues, Information Security and Architect Manager at Banco Mercantil do Brasil walk you through a real-world banking scenario and how to fight against online banking fraud.
As the headlines show, our ability to reliably ensure the availability, integrity, confidentiality and increasingly the privacy of information is often shown to be inadequate. As the reliance upon this transaction channel increases, security mechanisms used to protect it have not kept pace with the sophistication of malicious tools developed to attack it. The security industry is constantly being challenged to respond while still allowing flexibility and mobility.
In this session you will learn:
- How to establish a holistic view of the online banking fraud process;
- How to identify each phase of the "fraud chain" and how each are linked;
- How to use a multi-channel security mechanisms to protect end users while carrying out online transactions.
This session was recorded during the 2014 Fraud Summit London. Additional recordings include:
- State of Global Fraud - Dealing with Today's Crimes and Anticipating Tomorrow's
- 2014 Faces of Fraud Survey - Special European Edition
- Call Center Fraud: The Latest Scams and Strategies - Voice Biometrics and Caller Validation
- Attacking Payment Card Fraud Where It Is Most Vulnerable - Voice Biometrics in the Call Center
- Developments in ATM Fraud
- Creating Actionable Intelligence and the Visualization of Big Data Analytics