Mobile banking is growing out of its infancy and experts predict it will soon be the dominant banking and payments channel. With the vast array of endpoints being utilized, multiple threat vectors are being introduced. How are the threats of rogue mobile apps, mobile malware and SMiShing evolving? What are the risks inherent in mobile payments? This session reviews these emerging mobile malware threats, their impact on banking institutions and the latest technology solutions to help mitigate the risks.
BackgroundMobile has become the new security battlefield in which hackers and businesses are waging the internet-old battle of breach vs. protection. From infiltrating jailbroken devices to decompiling and recompiling apps to tainting source code, hackers are continually finding new ways to prove the mobile app infrastructure vulnerable. This session reviews these emerging mobile malware threats, their impact on banking institutions and the latest technology solutions to help mitigate the risks.
David Duncan, Chief Marketing Officer at Webroot will kick-off the presentation with a discussion on the impact of mobile fraud and strategies for combating threats. The agenda will cover:
- Today's Fraud Threats
- The Growth of Malicious Apps
- Preparing for Combat
- The Rewards for Getting It Right
- Deterrent to Mobile Banking Adoption
- Mobile Banking Growth
John Walker, Director of CSIRT and Cyber Forensics at Cytelligence will round out the session with a discussion on the challenges of modern day security, why conventional security does not work, explain the risk of unknown unknowns, and present examples of real-world cases of insecurity.
This session was recorded during the 2014 Fraud Summit London. Additional recordings include:
- State of Global Fraud - Dealing with Today's Crimes and Anticipating Tomorrow's
- 2014 Faces of Fraud Survey - Special European Edition
- Call Center Fraud: The Latest Scams and Strategies - Voice Biometrics and Caller Validation
- Attacking Payment Card Fraud Where It Is Most Vulnerable - Voice Biometrics in the Call Center
- Developments in ATM Fraud
- Creating Actionable Intelligence and the Visualization of Big Data Analytics